The pig that ruined my life (in a good way).



It's been scientifically proven that pets improve your life 10000%. Well, I don't know if there's ever actually been a study on it, but I can tell you that it's definitely true.

If you're following me on Twitter, then you probably already know that last month I adopted Roger, a one year old guinea pig, from a local small animal rescue. He's definitely the cutest little piggo that I've ever met.



Roger has been a wonderful addition to my home because he constantly chirps happily, is always up for a snuggle, and has a stupidly cute little face that makes my heart flutter. The pictures above were taken when I first met Roger: on the left was the day we went to the foster mom's house to meet him, and on the right was the day we brought him home, just chillin with some parsley.

Surprisingly, Roger won't really even eat parsley now. He loves peppers, lettuce, tomatoes, and baby spinach. Occasionally he'll eat a carrot or some celery, but he won't go crazy over it. He is always down to munch on timothy hay though.



Roger is definitely the snuggliest piggo I've ever met. He will go out of his way to waddle off of my lap when we're hanging out together and go make himself comfortable in the mountain of throw pillows on my couch or in a blanket. He will stay there for hours and surprisingly won't have a bathroom accident. I guess he respects his surroundings too much when he's so comfortable and happy! (Which I'm thrilled with, too.)



He's also a very inquisitive little guy. He's always up for an adventure, whether it's a bit of floor time or climbing up from my lap onto my shoulder and on the top of the couch. I just love these pictures because he looks as happy as a clam.

Guinea pigs are definitely herd creatures, so I've been working on getting Roger a friend (because I won't always be home to snuggle him constantly). I'm currently in possession of another piggo, but the adoption isn't final yet because they might not bond with each other. I will share more about the second pig when I'm 100% sure that he'll be here to stay. In the meantime, I can give you a sneak peek...




Tell me about your pets below!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Mascara Warrior. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.